Tuesday 24 July 2007

And then there was life

Whoa, has it really been that long since I posted here.

I think you can pretty much sum up what has happened in the last four months since I posted with what I said in my last post (minus the Shaguar -BOOOOOOO!!!-, without the stack of public holidays, with more time out in the field and with less virulent colds). Okay, so it's pretty much nothing like my last post.

The one thing that is the same is that I've been flat out trying to get the sampling program up and running, and guess what!?!?! IT IS! Woohoo!

The other thing that is still the same is we still haven't received that f**king trailer for my sampling program. I'm starting to wonder if we ever will. Seriously guys, you've been telling me it's coming in two weeks FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS!! Mind you, they're telling me it's actually in the process of being put together, they're just waiting on a part.

Right........... got a bridge you want to sell me, too? Thankfully I have a highly capable offsider who I trust to do a good job in running the program while I'm away. I'll have to get him to harass the trailer company non stop for the next couple of weeks. I can only hope they deliver (BY F**KING AUGUST, NOT BLOODY FEBRUARY LIKE YOU INITIALLY TOLD ME!!).

Anyway, the reason for me surfacing from my blogging slumber is to cheer loudly as I head off on seven weeks holidays from this Friday! A large huzzah for holidays! Pip pip, HUZZAH!

So expect lots of gloating emails and blog entries about my travels through the loved ones laden adventures of marvellous Melbourne, the alcoholic, aural and gastronomic delights of humid New Orleans (or N'Orleans), the historical Aztecs, the peaceful beauty of the place where Captain Pectorals is getting married, bustling Mexico City and where ever else I journey through South of the Border, and the million and one drooling touristy things to do in the city that never sleeps that is London. Added on the end will be a short and quite possibly hideously alcoholically expensive stopover in Singapore.

Stay tuned people, there shall be life in this blog yet.

No comments: